|Guidelines on how to activate and manage
provincial status and colours
1. Meet with the local government of that region’s sporting body.
2. Hand in your provincial constitution and your proof of affiliation to MASA and SAKA. Should you
not have your certificate we will provide you with a letter as proof of affiliation should you
have been accepted as a member and your affiliation is paid up.
3. Should they require any information from MASA we will help you obtain it.
4. For information on kickboxing activities, rules and regulations and international
affiliation, refer them to the web-site www.kickboxer.co.za
5. We do not supply information to instructors who have not paid their affiliation.
6. Should the province need any further information from you, obtain it as soon as possible
and submit it.
1. You will have to elect a governing body to administer and manage the sport in the region.
Have a file on which you keep proof of administration and have a meeting at least twice
a year. Even if you are the only style within that province, continue operating
democratically. Your governing body need not be large; have at least a chairperson, a vice
chairperson and a secretariat. Ensure that these people are workers and not speakers who
are power drunk.
2. Draw up an activity plan for your region and ensure that it is in line with that of SAKA.
3. Ensure that the people elected on the committee know the game. They do not need to be
4. The elected committee has no jurisdiction on the internal management of styles and
5. The committee is there to create opportunities and not martial art politics.
6. Set up a criteria to obtain provincial colours at a meeting which includes all instructors.
7. Provincial colours can only be obtained when attending a National SA Championship or an inter provincial event.
8. Do not make your colours cheap to draw students. Fighters must work to obtain colours.
As an example; do not just give colours to a person because he or she is the only one in
that division but is actually a bad fighter or give colours to students who come from
influential families. In the long run you will loose respect and your credibility will be
under suspicion. - KEEP THINGS SIMPLE FAIR AND TRANSPARENT. We are doing
the game to enjoy it and not turn it into a headache.
Remember: The above information are guidelines because each province has it's own unique situation.